Top 5 Most Popular Types of Virtual Assistants (VAs)
Entrepreneurs are the most important decision-makers of their companies. They need to use their time wisely and efficiently to facilitate the rapid growth of their enterprise. They should spend more time on the business and not in the business.
Hiring a virtual assistant (VA) has become one of the most effective ways for a business owner to focus on the more important aspects of the business. Having a VA take care of the little things allows you to stay dynamic and systematized. It will make it easier for you to get the best out of your business.
The rise in the popularity of virtual assistants came as a part of the global trend toward business process outsourcing (BPO). Outsourcing has become the preferred way for small and medium businesses (SMBs) to cut down their costs and streamline their operations so they can compete with bigger players.
Hiring an offshore VA has become the norm. This can make the hiring process complicated for some as they need to conduct the entire hiring process online. Your choice of VA can be a massive boon or bane to the growth of your business. You need to choose your VA carefully.
The first thing you need to know that virtual assistants have specializations too. You need to know what kind of services you need them to do so that you can select the right type of VA for the job. The nature of your business is often the biggest consideration.
There are numerous types of virtual assistants. Here are the Virtual Administrative Assistant five most in-demand ones:
Virtual Administrative Assistants fulfill the role of standard office secretaries. They just do it online and from home. Thus, they can’t make you coffee or prepare for you a sandwich. They are popularly known as General Virtual Assistants or simply Virtual Assistants.
Business owners use this type of VA to alleviate the administrative demands in their industry by delegating routine tasks. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to your emails and phone calls
- Managing your calendar
- Making reports and presentations
- Verifying and setting up your appointments
- Booking travel accommodations
Social Media Virtual Assistant
Social Media Virtual Assistants specialize in advertising your business online. Most of their work is done on social media platforms. They manage your brand’s presence online to improve the visibility of your business.
This type of VA is essential in today’s digital age where consumers get most of their information from the internet. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing your company’s social media channels
- Optimizing your content to comply with SEO and PPC standards
- Schedule the publication of your content
- Publish content that facilitates audience engagement
- Creates social media campaigns & analyzes their performance to provide ideas for improvement
Content Writer Virtual Assistant
Content Writer Virtual Assistants do most of the writing for your business. They do so under your name. They serve as your ghostwriters. Their primary purpose is to help you establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
Entrepreneurs hire this type of VA to bolster the credibility of their online persona and increase their value as influencers. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research to obtain a deep understanding of the assigned topic.
- Consolidate information from various sources into one value-rich article.
- Proofread content to make sure they are error-free and written as per instructions.
- Make sure the content is optimized for search engines and social media.
- Repurpose old content into shareable bits and pieces.
Virtual Book keeper
Virtual Bookkeepers help manage your business’ cash flow. They require the most scrutiny out of the different types of virtual assistants. You need to make sure that they have all the necessary skills and a thorough understanding of your business. Otherwise, you might encounter inaccuracies in your financial records.
This type of VA is employed so that business owners don’t have to stress over the various financial areas of their company. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing accounts to maintain records of financial transactions
- Ensure compliance with prevailing standards
- Maintain and balance a general ledger
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts
- Prepare financial reports
Real Estate Virtual Assitant
Real Estate Virtual Assistants handle most of the administrative tasks of real estate professionals. These VAs can also perform tasks as part of a sales support team. They allow the real estate business to give proper attention to the needs of its clients and its in-house staff.
Real estate professionals want this type of VAs so the former can focus on selling properties. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing your social media presence
- Posting, designing, and maintaining your listings
- Verifying and setting up your appointments
- Conducting property research
- Responding to emails and live chat inquiries
- Managing your budget and receivables
Hiring a qualified virtual assistant is one of the most cost-effective and efficient ways of easing your administrative burdens. For more information on virtual assistants, please check us out at ON-Philippines
What’s in it for us? What’s the catch?
You have reached this part! You really are interested!
Simply put, the joy of knowing we have helped change a life through the skillsets we have is enough. We’ve been through a lot and we believe it’s time that we share it to the next generation. If there’s any catch, it’s that we want you to tell a soul. We want to reach every VA who wants to elevate their skills and land better clients and get paid more for their efforts.